Saturday, July 09, 2022

mmmdcliv

As a Reminder

This is what I do.
This is what I love
to do. I do this
because I love
doing it. I am
unequivocally
drawn to doing
exactly this. Why
do I need a reminder?
Do I need to remind my
self or do I need to remind
you? Who are you? Forget
who you are, this is about me.
Oh, no. This is exactly what I
do. People may wonder (which
people, I wonder – probably no
body) why I would need to re
mind myself that this is what
I do. But please also note
that I’ve added that I love
what I do. Don’t I? I
think I do. And that
I’m—I believe
the word that
I used was
unequivocally

compelled

to doing it,
this thing
that I do.
How, then,
might that make
this reminder feel
(neglected)? The
bigger question
probably is, “Why
should you care?”
About what I do
or that I do it. And
regarding whether
or not I’m in love
with this thing I do.
Do you care? Because,
if you do, maybe you
could tell me why,
and then I’d know.
That you care. And why
you do. And not only would
that surely give me some solace,
but it also just might help me 
answer the question about 
whether or not I care.  And
then, I could, if I wanted
to, go about the business of
finding out why I care. If,
indeed, I actually do. 
Right?  Plus, and
this is just an
opinion here,
but I believe
that it’s nice to 
know some things,
and that it’s good
to know a little
bit about
yourself,
as well. But 
this started out
as a reminder of
something, did it
not? But of what,
exactly? Did I forget?
Maybe it’s to remind me,
simply, that this is what I do.
And that I love what I do.
But do I? I’m pretty sure
that I do.  However,
now that I’ve spent 
so much time and
expended this
bit of energy
rambling on
about it,
it seems the
more mysterious
question to me is:
What, exactly,
do I do?

What
ever it
is, I must
surely love
doing it. A lot!
Wouldn’t you say?
Oh, but why would you!?

the pink elephant in the room