Monday, July 18, 2022

mmmdclx

Two Titles For Which I Am Perfectly
Willing To Write The Poems
                     x
Two Quotes from John Ashbery
Along With My Misreadings Of Them


Title for a poem I would write, Number 1:
Get a Load o’ Yoda!

Quote Number 1 from a poem by John Ashbery –
from Stupid Petals (Breezeway, Ecco, 2015):

         “I wanted to read that book, close to the circus.”



Title for a poem I would write, Number 2:
Euripides Eumenides

Quote Number 2 from a poem by John Ashbery –
from Farm Hubbub (from Breezeway, Ecco, 2015):

         “They will still be building buildings.



And the 2 misreadings by a wound and wounded poet
(circa 2:00am):

         “I wanted to read that book close to the circus.”

         “There will still be building buildings.”

Ashbery & Windex