Thursday, August 25, 2022

mmmdcxcvii

Five Hundred Dollars
(Quite Possibly Six)


As of today, who’s more
marginal than the rich?

A few nights ago, I said
to my betrothed, as I was

flipping through trailers
on YouTube (a habit I

spend way more time
doing than actually

watching movies in
toto), “There’s too

much severity in
upcoming cinema,”

without breaking
my focus on the

bombardment of
preview after pre

view—until I at
last decided there

was one heavy-
handed trend that

practically had me
off to the movies

again: there seems
quite a set of very

dark flicks that fer
ociously fillet a

particularly un
witting slew of

clueless (and clue
lessly filthy) uppity

upper class denizens.
These each look prime

for our times with
pleasing oddball

casts that each look
utterly horrific (in the

horror movie genre
sense), and while I can

so rarely sit through a
traditional horror movie

anymore, it would seem
that I am down and quite

excited for these uberly
dark and disgusting

comedies that appear
to innovatively lure the

ridiculously wealthy
into something that

at first seems richly
dignified only to slice

and dice them with
bleak and delightful

abandon for a couple
or so hours in the

cinema’s perpetual
state of midnight.

judy garland wakes up