Tuesday, September 06, 2022

mmmdccxiii

All the Harpies Everywhere Relax

One of the things I’ve been
trying to do every day is this.

Not only this, or, well, a big
part of this at this particular

time is to try not to overstate
the particulars that might be

getting me and many of the
rest of us down, but to instead

go about the business of finding
one or two things that might be

uplifting, happy-spirited, some
sort of nourishment for the spirit.

That part is a thing I do here on
occasion, where I find something

thematic to dwell upon for a while,
or some sort of parameter or repeti

tion (like, say, beginning each with
an epigraph of sorts by a certain poet,

for example). Tonight, I have a lot to
worry about, so much so that it can

(and has) become overwhelming, but 
at the very same time I have a lot to

celebrate, as well. So let’s concen
trate on the latter, as I’ve been try

ing so hard to do this past few days
(and it has, I must admit, been dif

ficult – but so what, right?). I had
a second interview this morning.

Great company. It went okay, I
think. And this has been an over

whelming trend quite recently,
that is getting more than one and

sometimes two interviews, being
“in the running” so to speak (as

I would be if I had only one in
terview, of course, but still...).

And before that interview, I
received a call from the per

son who has been my contact
at another fine firm through

two interviews thus far. She
wanted to schedule (and did!)

a third interview, and that went
into the calendar on Thursday

morning, this Thursday—they
have come fast and furious,

the interviews this time around,
so much so that at times my

head begins to spin and I get
a little confused as to whom it

is I may be speaking with at
any given moment. What else?

Oh, all of my laundry is now
officially done. Except for a

couple of items that are still
drying. This has taken me

weeks, it seems. No, it’s
true, it’s taken me weeks,

because I’ve been doing
everything in my sink and

in my two buckets which
are usually kept tucked

underneath the sink. Oh,
and Seth Myers is back!

After a long hiatus in
which both his and

Stephen Colbert’s late
night talk shows have

been off the air for what
seems like the entirety of

summer, thus far. What a
relief to have at least Seth

Myers back! Oh, and one
more thing before I sign

off for the evening: for
dinner, I was treated to

a cheeseburger, a caesar
salad and, treat of treats,

a strawberry milkshake.
To the person who regaled

me with such a treat, well,
my heart is yours. Mom

always said that the way
to a man’s heart is through

his stomach. Mom, on this
point, is right on the button.

don't give up