Sunday, October 09, 2022

mmmdccxlv

Try More Dancefloor

          Dance halls bang the pavement till dawn...

                                                 —Kevin Killian

is what I didn’t do last night. Regrettably. This 
morning is what I might as well be saying. Have 
been saying. Time goes by. So slowly. While read
ing Kevin’s book in all of the 101 California

elevators. Time goes by so slowly for those who
wait. But for what? If I speak of the various in
sects crawling around in my periphery, would I
simply sound nihilistic? Fine. Kafka off! The grid

work of pavement that surely exists on the other
side of this bolted door my ear
’s clung to all night 
is a map that sings to my synapses until they
collapse and all of my organs unfold to cover my

decrepit desk like the fanciest of tablecloths. Which,
look, has explicit instructions inscribed rather indel
icately upon its dingy fabric re: how to astral project
to all Frisco discos still aflicker, be they present or past.

AC/DC astral projection