Thursday, October 13, 2022

mmmdccxlviii

My Friends, the Poultice

What a difference a day can make:
a year, a letter, a home, a lifetime?

Please allow me to introduce not
myself. Hey, would you like to

meet my friends, the poets? I
might should warn you, it’s a

crowded room, this party that’s
filled with me and my friends.

Hey. Hi. How are you? I’m Del.
We’ve never met, but do you

read? We might’ve. But probably
not. Most likely. I was just on my

way to a party. It’ll be packed,
but you’ll be in good company,

I swear. It’s just up the hill a ways.
No, turn left. What I mean is you’re

welcome, you’re more than welcome,
you might even enjoy it, you’re most

definitely invited. Hi, I’m Del. You
seem a bit familiar, we might have

met a time or two. I know you don’t
know me, but I’d very much like to

invite you to a party with a bunch
of my good friends. Most all of

which are pretty swell, great friends,
really, some of them, a bit too famil

iar at times, but that’s friends and 
family for you, right? Oh, hey. Come

on in. This is my place. Turns out I’m
having a party at the moment. But you

are more than welcome to join. You’re
always welcome. Oh, don’t you worry.

And thank you. Thank you so much.
Come on inside, it’s my place, we’re

here. It’s not much, my place, a bit
small, sure, but the party is really

happening, you’ll see. Well, hello
there. It’s great to see you. Let’s

just leave the door open a bit, as
it’s pretty stuffy. And what a fun

gathering this is turning out to be.
I’d like to introduce you to my pals,

the poems. Feel free to come in and
say a word or two. Stay a while,

won’t you? Oh, look, you made it!
Come on in. I hope you stay the after

noon. But watch your step as there
is a bit of a crowd today. Please,

allow me to introduce you. Man,
if these walls could talk. Make

yourself comfortable here near
the bookshelf, a place so full of

friends you just won’t know what
to do with them. Make yourself at

home, comfy as you may. While here,
revel in whatever you happen to do.

Cross only