Wednesday, January 04, 2023

mmmdcccxxii

In Defense of Everything

     for Peter Gizzi

          (a send-up of his poem “In Defense of Nothing”
           in which the first two words of each line are
           the same as in each line of his)


I guess it is a big weather day today here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I guess that most businesses are closing around 3pm when the storm is
     expected to arrive.
I guess the “bomb cyclone” is not affecting Tu Lan which, fortunately for me,
     is where I shall grab a late lunch.
The present can be regifted; history repeats itself (we just had the wettest
     day on record only a few days ago).
It’s hard when one is living as I am to say that any of this is bad news.
This sky looks ominous, but the sun is shining just as much somewhere behind
     the darkening of it.

sunburst