Tuesday, February 07, 2023

mmmdccclviii

Problematic Banana

     What you see and what you hear depends
     a great deal on where you are standing. It
     also depends on what sort of person you are.

                                                —C.S. Lewis

The boyfriend with the lisp (that’s me!)
gets asked by the dairy queen to say
slushy seven times without taking a
breath. The joke about how Noah’s

arc was more of a ninety degree angle.
She smells sequels by the sherbet stand.
But which flavor? Of all the sorbets in all
of the soirees,,,, If you’re vanilla (like me!)

you tend to go with the one that’s universally
recognized as correct. Obsessive compulsive
disorders, I’ve known a few, but the ones that
are anal pilferers take the cake. The fruitcake. So

what if I am the only person in the universe that I
have even partially come to know. I spend my holidays
getting to know Carmen Miranda’s dirty little secret.
The bruised yellow laundry unfolded a pleasant memory.

problematic banana