Tuesday, March 21, 2023

mmmcmii

That was wild.

I take each book out

of the bag, slowly make

a stack of them on the

coffee table, become a

person who has the men

tal capacity for enjoyment,

a person who wants to hide

his true self. The urgent

violence that is honesty

calls me out of a long

nap (was I dreaming?),

and then ducks back into

the hut like a cat smashed

between a row of books and

a wall. So as to share who

ever I am now with whoever

I may be awake (asleep?), I

take a red crayon out of the

kitchen drawer, the one with

all of the crayons, walk through

the living room and down the

hall, turning left into the

bathroom, turn on the

shower as hot as it

gets, and write in

red on the glass

shower door,

the outer

one: I’m

so afraid

of losing.


It’s a shame,

this grasping of

my red interior in

such an honest way

(the violence that is

honesty
, I mouth a

second time, and

then a third,

testing it

out). I

clutch

my heart,

hoping to

narrowly

escape

the ironic

beauty of

certain vandalisms.

imprisoned