Thursday, March 23, 2023

mmmcmiv

I Toucan Right Bat Pullems

And what’s wrong with that,
really? Nothing, of course.
It’s still a free country. Or
is it? Of course, it’s not. So
why not exercise such mad
ness as much as one can,
right? Today I began to
catch up, after surgery
(do imagine this for a
moment as a diary entry
by me, the poet, the real
poet), which was a wee
and a day ago, followed

by an MRI or is it a CT
scan, I never know if
these are one in the
same or two separate
entities altogether.
Will I now look up the
difference? Okay, in
somewhat anxious
nostalgia of times past,
I’ll go ahead and do just
that. What is usually said
at moments like this. How
about, “Hang on?”

CT Scan: 1. an X-ray image
using a form of tomography
in which a computer controls
the motion of the X-ray source
and detectors, processes the
data, and produced the image

MRI: short for magnetic resonance
imaging, a medical examination
performed using magnetic resonance
imaging. [okay, duh, so upon further
examination, what is that?:] a medical
imaging technique used in radiology to
form pictures of the anatomy and the
physiological processes of the body.
MRI scanners use strong magnetic
fields , magnetic field gradients, and
radio waves to generate images of
organs of the body. Also, MRI could
mean the images obtained from such.

Does this help me? Now? Only in
that it bides time until my the time
scheduled for me to meet with my
surgeon. Is the cancer all gone?
Right now I have no idea. Does
this cause an inordinate amount
of anxiety within me. Not yet.
But a goodly amount, for sure.
For I had my MRI yesterday. By
today those results are sitting
somewhere. How do I get them?
Do I have to wait a week in order
to hear what the findings are?

I began this piece with a joke, one
in which I ended the last, in which
I toucan right bat pullems. This is
surely true, even probably in the
case of what you see before you
now. But this is more of a grappling.
More of an antidote to, not writing
poorly, this is a meandering thing
I type for many reasons, mostly
just to get something finished so
that I can post it as a poem as I
am two behind for the month. In
this way is discipline a good thing?
I say yes. Meanwhile, do I still
have cancer? This I do not know.
But should be able to discern by now,
the day after I had my post-surgery
MRI, and then the moment in which
I accidentally pour a full cup of water
all over myself. This i just did. Yes.

Future Business Leaders of America