Wednesday, August 23, 2023

mmmmlv

     Map. Room. Harp. Sunrise.
                       —Jack Spicer

The lull of night has my
mind everywhere. Night

becomes morning, but it
is yet dark out my window

onto the courtyard of no
thingness. Which is who

I was, nothingness, for
many years. Until today.

What makes this day so
different? What used to

be normal. What used to
be normal? My thoughts

seem almost everywhere
and nowhere. Nowhere

rides or glides over or
through mountains, up

then down then up then
down then up then up,

until it finds a vast op
ening, a yellow field as

seen from this far above
surrounded by a misshaped

circle of trees. Oh, please,
am I not the same person

as always? I dare to hope.
For this disease of decline

is there even a cure? At
one time, or until quite

recently, I was desperate.
What have I given in to that

has me now at ease, a new
phase? There are things to

consider. For example, to
day is like no other. Which

can be said of any morning 
at 5:09am. I stare at the tiny

corner clock that I can barely
see (my eyesight has quickly

devolved; this, too, makes a
day different, but than what?)

until it is 5:11am. I must get
dressed, this day being so dif

ferent and all. To be a myst
ery is to be silly. Without at

least a figment of humor, I
flail. Is flailing failure? Will

I live to find the answer to
this question? If each day

is different.... No, if norm
alcy has receded, let’s say

(with hope) for now, then to
ward what should I now aspire?

Should I rephrase the question?
This new way is (not) my question.

I seek answers about this day.
This new day. Is it the end of

an era? Was the ending era
as bleak as it seemed? Will

it get better before, perhaps,
getting worse? It does seem

such a waste to glide or ride
through this, or any, experi

ence without such question
ing. But from where did all

this newfound peace derive?
Why now? What to do with

my lack of interest in probing
this matter? Dawn arrives.

new beautiful day