Wednesday, November 22, 2023

mmmmcxlix

Springtime in November*

It seems time, running like a bull, has me
right at headbutting another solo Thanks
giving. My tenth one in a row. A decade of
flying solo and mostly burdened with financial

distress and depression during the holidays. I
am still not used to the absurdity of hermit-dum,
not comfortable with it even after this long. And
this year that double kidney-punch that are my

usual holiday burdens that make bearing the dur
ation between Thanksgiving and the New Year alone
triply abhorrent, seem even worse than ever. And
yet. Somehow. At least presently, I’m not reeling

with defeat; I’m even...optimistic. It’s such a treat. I
am thankful! Stay gone, dread! Happy Thanksgiving, all!

*this trend upward hopefully ends my miniseries, The Bitter Sonnets

*this trend upward