Sunday, March 17, 2024

mmmmcclxiv

Blueberry Boombox

skimming the screen
i scroll slowly over
an image of the
world’s largest
blueberry. it’s a
world record. and i
see it there, plopped
upon i can’t remember,
something that would
show a viewer that, yes,
that’s one behemoth
of a blueberry; a
blueberry behemoth.
but who gets the
world record, the
blueberry or the
fruit forager who
found it? and is
there incentive
beyond just being
listed in a guinness
record list? i look
again, quickly,
before continuing
my scroll toward
some juicy and
as-yet-unknown
treasure, that
will what?
suspend my
scrolling for
longer than a
merely negligible
duration of my day,
wondering more
than anything
where the actual
biggest blueberry

on the planet might
currently be hiding
out, and what
it might take
for me to
divert my
current life
path in order
to find that
monster,
so that my
name might
be, for some
shorter or longer
period of time,
publicly linked
to that blue 
freak of a fruit.

burning blown-up berry