Wednesday, March 20, 2024

mmmmcclxviii

Error Emergency

i’m not fragile. i don’t like to think of myself as
fragile. i think i’m most often not very fragile.
i suppose that sometimes i can be, every once
in a while, historically. it has happened. just
not very often. i don’t like to think i am ever
fragile because help is something i was led to
believe (in a skewed manner, but with unrelent
ing intensity) was somehow unmanly, which
is bad, was something that would reduce my
independence, independence being one of
the virtues of all virtues, all-important. and
there were lessons, it was perhaps a very
foundation of my education, i think. it
taught me how to avoid being emasculated,
a word in which the whole problem is, here i go,
encapsulated. i’m less fragile than almost anyone
i’ve ever known. that was a brag. i’m not perfect,
of course. name some things that are wrong with me.

fragility