Sunday, April 28, 2024

mmmmcccv

Left Wanting

I have been thinking about
sex a lot, lately. If I qualify

that by adding “more than
usual,” all things being relative,

I think I’d just wonder how much
more I think of it than most people

do. Surely? Anyway, I’ve a few
ideas why such things are on my

mind a bit more than average
these days, or it might be easy

to come up with a few somewhat
reasonable suspects. Objectively?

I’m not certain I could be 100%,
but there are things true to me that

I’m sure I could make convincing
were I to argue an explanation.

However, with apologies, I wouldn’t
put any of you through that sort of

torture. Mostly, I’m thinking that the
person belonging to a head that is

even more overwhelmed than usual
with thoughts of sex might have a bit

of difficulty focusing on the things that
absolutely must get done, distasteful

protestant fundamentalist notion
that that is. But it happens. And

how could it not be that one thing
would lead logically to the other?

The non-protestant answer to this
problem would appear to me to be

go out and get some. And is that
not logical? So that one might live.

What is living, after all, without
the occasional bit of physical fun.

That is all I shall say here. And
the discipline it took to get

here telling you (only) this
has, as far as I can tell,

only further frustrated
this poor writer. And yet,

this overwhelmed mind is
a bit amused at how these

lines, even with such a
subject matter, say almost

nothing. Which makes me
eager to lay out the wild

and expansive set of circum
stances that have landed me

here just to leave you hanging.
That is, if I have even begun to

sell my sorry story that is nothing,
really, but a notion with a big hole

blown clean through most of it,
leaving a mess that, on the whole,

is quite skeletal, nothing but
a carapace really, despite the one

hint that would require at least
a bit of flesh so that all here

might be reconciled; so that the
idea might bloom into a story that

comes to a properly salacious
conclusion. Ever the love robot…

Nerd poem. Dismissing asexual
tendencies? The poem as outcast.


your nerd side f