Sunday, April 28, 2024

mmmmcccvii

Augmented Plot

     …I’m getting better and better-er
     I do not see no competitors…

                           —Cardi B

Laid too hard in the
heat of the day. Now

it’s time to get up.
There’s no way I can

possibly endure one
more minute of in

action, not a chance
in hell I can sustain

these troublesome
distractions any

longer. And yet
this limbo agitato

endures. I keep
finding ways. Why

did I come to this
world in such a

rush to get so much
accomplished? A

hedonistic over-
achiever who is

prone to procrasti
nation, yet with each

second that passes
in which nothing is

produced I’m over
whelmed with noise,

a crescendo of guilt
for each moment

that passes for which
I’ve no way to prove

to myself or to you
that the moment

even existed?? And
at this rate, what will

be left when I’ve gone
from this earth to

begin to hint at
this idiot’s existence?

How to resist this
headlong rush so

determined to erase
all traces of me from

this planet? And yet
what would I do with

a bit of attention, to
have a few folks, even

one see or hear me?
To notice that I’m here

making noises for what?
And of course when I’m

gone there will be no
excuse, who’ll need or

even want a map or a
few hidden clues to

this most nondescript
trajectory? I’d like to

beg to differ, to use
as motivation a way

to gather the energy
to make a bigger noise,

to leave a bigger map,
one less mysterious

for folks less interested
in buried treasure than

a life that was lived not
just to generate a nice

and modest existence,
one that might have

someone tilt their head
this way and that as if

looking for something
important just beyond

a distance, and then
upon spotting a glimmer,

and returning the head to 
aim forward, might grin with

some sort of comfort for
some short distance in

which they are moving,
from here, say, to there.

self love  club