Thursday, May 30, 2024

mmmmccclii

Body & Soul

I, tenderly,
am an awkward
person. It isn’t
that I’m not of
a mind. It’s just
that generally,
awkward, anxious,
flighty, always
thinking ten
steps ahead,
these things
don’t render
the tender.
Regardless
of this logical
incapability,
I try. I do
try. And
speaking
of logic,
the typical
mode I use
to walk through
each day in hopes
of making it to another
in the most pleasant and
satisfying way, I am,
nevertheless, an
idealist, a rom
antic. I mean
I make my way
awkwardly through
these days I intend to
complete, if only just
to get to the next,
a poet. If that
means I’m a
romantic
with a
capital
R
or just
makes me
the Gemini
that I purportedly
am, I’ll take that
dichotomy, stumble
around in my various
ways with it, and make
it my own. In fact, as
logic would suggest,
I’ll use that conflict
to better place one
foot in front of
the other in
doing so,
even if
from any
perspective
that act lacks
legitimate grace.

idealism