Friday, October 04, 2024

mmmmcdlxxx

Self-Imposed Delusion

Now there’s a phrase that might
give you the heebie-jeebies, should
you consider it for a moment or two,
depending, of course, on your mental

acuity. Those last two words, though,
might uplift, given their meaning in
relation to the original phrase’s final
word, one which I often use, aiming

for comical, when I say “Del is short
for Delusional.” But am I just shooting
for comical when saying that? Or is
there a part of me I feel might be,

irrevocably or not, incapacitated?
There’s a pun in that question, for sure.
How might one really feel about stumbling
around with one’s head in the clouds? As

my hopefully lucid thoughts move further
in that general direction, it seems clear
to me that I, myself, would much rather
be delusional than decapitated.

is not short for anything