Monday, September 24, 2007

dxlv

Experimental fiction
seems to make the most sense to me,
not that I want to hop on any bandwagon.

                  ...like an apparation...
                  ...after running...
                  ...a few problems...
                  ...the only white guy...
                  ...to play dress-up...
                  ...just feels faint...

I erased that line,
went for a walk to the Ferry Building,
inched my way through the crowd,
walked outside,
leaned over and onto the railing,
stared into the bay. A white napkin
floated up into the air from somebody’s table [like an apparition]
landed on the water,
soaked,
and then sunk.

                  ...in the middle of Chinatown...
                  ...having to go...
                  ...complaining all morning...
                  ...otherwise...
                  ...impending surgery...
                  ...the most powerful...

...is of course honest enough. I’m not hiding anything.
I just want whitecaps. And. Mostly.
I want want.

So do you want Monday or Tuesday?