Tuesday, January 29, 2013

mdcccxxiv

Hot Nightmares at Night

My sleep index is low
but the dreams are out of
this world.  But is my world
better than the new denim?
Of course.  My dreams are
the cookie of the month.
Or a special free version of
The Cookie a Day Club (they
deliver directly to my mouth!).

They are better than the new Star Wars.
They are better than Oxenrose, a book
on hacking, and the laptop that warms
my lap.  This is sexy?
Yeah, I don’t just think so.  I know so.

How much older am I today (forget the
slicing and dicing – I’m asking for
real)?  Those weeks around a birthday,
I guess.

Plus having pains in my side while
sleeping, a little sunburn (but not too bad).
More words for titles, a soft, tropical
breeze on my lips.  Coffee from the
same hot little guy who still works
here – like, for years!

Work was even fun.  I went for a run at
lunch.  Only a mile though.  :(