Wednesday, October 16, 2019

mmcmxvi

Diaspora

     Sometimes you want to believe people are something that they are not.  By the time you
     realize who they are, it’s too late.
                                                                                            —Storm from the X-Men

What’s the matter,
did a cactus get
your tongue?

I could tell by the
tone of his voice
that he was having

a problem parsing
the package.  He 
went on with his

story, Anyway,
I could tell that
he had a little

sugar in his 
trunk.  At this
point I am caught

between a laugh
and what’s the
matter did a cactus 

get my tongue.
Salty Wednesdays.
Groups full ot tears

and sarcasm (group
meetings, reparation,
recreation, rumination,

graduation).  I won!
shouted the man at
the cash register.

We were at the
corner store.  I
knew Mr. Corner.

As the winner
walked out the
door I said, Hey,

Tony, another 
wiener, eh?
I cringed as

if I were the
one that was
cringeworthy.

Rama lama
ding dong,
Tony said,

unable to 
discontinue
laughing,

ha ha ha
Rama...ha
ha ha lama...

etc.  Happy
Humpday!
says my 

gabby 
comp-
anion

to nobody
and every-
body at the

same time
(it was just
the three of 

us in the 
store by 
now, but

you could
still hear
the winner

howling his 
way down
the street,

heading in
the direction
of what was

once my home
away from
home...)....