Sunday, October 18, 2020

mmmxlix

Hard Sonnet

Love is the one must-have component of any success
ful sovereignty. I place my open palm upon this desk. 
Its blue hearts add severity to the American airplanes
buzzing about our bruises. The distances bleed into a

horizon of hand-held elections. I have only this hot gun.
I removed it from its beloved holding place, but assistance
is required in getting us back to our cool tents. I love us.
But for the challenge of reviving this honest war, I am

a heartfelt Afghan who cannot afford a firm stance. Don’t 
hold me so that I collapse like a building. Least important 
is our saga of duress; these nothing-doings which appear 
as modesty on my face-with-a-blank-upon-it. Plot is a

faulty development (no scars on this hard husk). Why fore
cast when the economy affirms it’s just our dumpy desk.