Sunday, March 07, 2021

mmmclxix

Chapter 6:  Adjusting to Reality or Nothing Unusual Here

It’s one of those days when a thick coat of sweat appears before I’ve even stepped into my bedroom from the shower.  And as I walk out the door (It’s early morning!, I’m rejoicing), the full force of the heat overwhelms me.  I take a few steps backward, into the spuriously cool shelter of my apartment.  With determination, I make my second exit.  Grandly, into the heat.

My walk to the train is short, so I pace my thoughts accordingly, staring down at the drying grass in the park, occasionally popping my head up to ensure I’m not running into a tree.  I hear a train whoosh through, clanging a bit.   It’s the weekend, and I’ll have to wait a while for the next one.  But not too long.  More time to think.