Thursday, July 29, 2021

mmmcccix

Humanity’s Augmented,
Smog-Bent Id


I’m having
a little con-
undrum you
see, trying
so hard to
get you.
“What’s
to get,
really?”
Exactly!
So every
day I am
all up in
your face,
surely in-
vading
your per-
sonal space...
“Uh huh?”
...seeming as
sure as the
nose on your
face to be
Mr. McNeedy
McGreedy III.
“Uh, so you
think that I
think you’re
that much
of a turd?”
Whatever
the case you
must think
me just
selfish,
my one
goal in
life to
mono-
polize
your
every
single..
“Now,
hold it
right
there do
you think
me so
sluggish,
so power-
less, so
incapable
of escape?!
Oh, good
grief, get
a grip,
that’s
enough
of your
lip! Just
this once
I demand...”
You...demand?
I demand,
yes indeed,
that you
finish this
story, what’s
your point,
what’s your
goal, what
the hell,
what’s your
worry?”
All at once,
and as if
they had
both had
enough,
one moved
forth with
a kiss that
was planted
quite rough.
Oh, dear,
I don’t
think I
“Shut up!”
And from
thence-
forth the
two could
be found
always
chasing
each
other
in such
a great
fuss that
to any keen 
eye they would
be but a blur
in the distance
such that one
couldn’t tell
who was who,
just the two
of them, one
never without
the other, a
train with two
cars just on
the horizon:
engine a’puff
with caboose
in tow. But
nobody’d
know quite
which one
was the en-
gine, and
who it was
chasing so
happily
after.
And don’t
you just
know how
the townies
would wonder,
“Who’s the
caboose?” and
“Which one is
the engine?”

oln aka mister id