Friday, March 18, 2022

mmmdxl

Chopped & Screwed

my head
flew away
for a while
today. it
wasn’t very
fun. i just
tripped a
round like
an idiot for
a while, lost
as a kite w/o
a grounded
human. then
i must’ve
passed out –
i’d say it was
around about
two in the aft
ernoon, but
how would i
truly know?
impossible.
i’d no head.
and when i
came to,
which, let’s
see, had to
be at about
ten p.m.,
i flapped
my arms
all about
until i felt
them light
w/a smack
upon my
noggin
a couple
of times
& thought
(because i
could, hav
ing, once
again, a
head), oh,
dear, what
on earth
have i
done
all day
without
my head!?!

a notion
that had
me wrought
with fear &,
truth be
told,
after
flitting
about
in a
ghastly
cloud of
amped un
certainty
& worry
ever since,
i’m still to
this mo
ment
quite
firmly
gripped
w/in the
claws
of terror
my poor
but thank
fully reatt
ached head,
yet dizzy w/
imagining
all of the
possible
trouble
the rest
of me
might’ve
gotten to
in the
hours i
spent
lost
w/o it.

lost my head