Saturday, June 04, 2022

mmmdcxviii

no. 29 – A Thank You Note to
              History Growing Large
              (But the Evolution Ain’t
              Darwinian, Baby)


Who else here is pissed off
at where we’re at?! Raise
your hands, this is no TED
Talk. I know what you’re
thinking, true or false?
You’re thinking You ain’t
right!
You’re thinkin’ U
ain’t nothin’ but a hound
dog!
I’m thinking Take
me down, country roads
,
because this isn’t or ain’t
misappropriation, it’s deep
desire for what should be
it’s utternutty sadness &
badness. Because, cuz,
who gives a fuck anymore?
Not Roger, not Mary Tyler,
not Frederic, Michael, Henry,
Skrillex, Julianne, nor Demi.
This ain’t 1984. Nope, we’ve
done that year one better,
because, cuz, what? Cuz
we ignorant? No, no, no,
no, no, no, hold up. How
to go about appreciatin’
when we are nothin’ but
depreciatin’? I can’t, un
fortunately, speak the
language of everybody.
All I can do, cuz, is speak
what I know. What he
THINK he know!
Ain’t
that what I just said?
(If I had such power
of persuasion would
I be a maudlin poet?)
Look around, is all.
There seems no
better way to
drive home
the point.
Drive
home.
Listen!
And get
your act to
gether. All I’m
tryna say is let’s
unfuck. Before the
point that’s driven home
is the stake in our story’s (our
history’s) once beaten bloody heart.

HOW WILL YOU PLAY?