Wednesday, August 31, 2022

mmmdccvii

Pieces of Mind

This moment
is just a blip
in an otherwise
hectic day.

Is the crux
of the issue
that we simply
have no time
for such blips?

Psh! I feel
quite emphatic
that these blips
are not useless.
They are imp
ortant. They
are substance.

Am I but a blip?
Truly. Of this
there can be
no arguing.

I am a tiny
human blip
nestled with
in a medium-
sized metro
politan blip;

an inhabitant
of a world, of
a galaxy, of a
universe that
are each and
all blips, too.

This reflection,
this pleasant
minute-stretch
ing blip in an
otherwise un
satisfactorily
utilitarian day
is, I’d venture
to say, the very
height of this
day’s import,
its poignance.

I don’t give a
flip about being
but one mere blip
when in the grand
scheme of things
it’s the cumulative
blips that make me
much less of a drip
than most of the
breathing but be
leaguered blips I
encounter through
out my blippy
existence.

Life is weird?  Take some cat love.