Tuesday, August 30, 2022

mmmdccvi

Bubbles Are For Bursting

If only I’d
had you
for lunch.


             My internet has
             brought me many
             funny animal clips.


I watch them
and I laugh for
at least half of
my entire day.


      And then I watch
      the news. Which
      isn’t half bad.


                     What more in this
                     most blessed and
                     longish life could
                     I possible desire?


Oh, I can
think of
several
things.


                     Hush.
                    Smile.
               Be proud
         and less loud.


If I were only
here but to pro
claim life’s
good fortune.


                     All I’d do whilst
                     slipping baritone
                     on down to bass


[singing] You got to
ac-cent-thcu-ate the
positive / E---lim-i-
nate the negative
...


     Inch on up
     the scale a
     bit and put
     on a happy
     face to sing:


Look for the bare
necessities / Old
Mother Nature’s
recipes / That



                 ahem, give us the
                 lowest common
                 denominator for
                 survival [a voice


berates him out the
door] SO GET OUT
THERE AND DIG
FOR THOSE, DIG?



   You bring those
   home and I will
   bake the most
   audacious cake.


           For only then will
           it be right to even
           start to celebrate.


       This positivity
       has positively
       humiliated me.

who you think you're not