Friday, February 24, 2023

mmmdccclxxviii

Right Your Heart

Insistence. Sliver
of a moon flung
into the sky while
clipping a fingernail.
Turns a blah dusk
beautiful. You feel
it right here. [Press
hand to beat’s insist
ence; persistence.]
Someday my day
will come. And the
sun, from heaven
can be heard scream
ing like a cauldron of
chapped children. Oh.
He’s merging diverge
nces. Is this okay? It
is love doesn’t answer
the question. Water.
We want water. This
resistance to dim to
refocus is no bliss.
The hiss of steam
that rises towards
the sun. Which
wishes with malice
that it were a palace
filled with snow. Yo,
a snow palace tosses
a couple of balls to
make of the moon
a snow-moon. Oh,
tiny lunar man within,
of ice (of ice) your aortal
orbit will mean my demise,
it must end (it must end).
Upon what magic do you
depend? Could you, please,
might you, instead find in
your tiny green heart an
escape mechanism an
off-ramp. Can you hear
me my snowman? With
what incantation might
you be knocked off your
course. Make your way
to my soul, I insist (with
insistence), even though
I’m aware what a fool I
am doing so. Who am I,
you might ask, to relay
such an order? Just an
overgrown immature
earthling, in fact, who
shall lie on this sword
just to prove his exist
ence. How might he
bargain my way out
of this headlong rush
into the morgue’s
freezer. But it
was no use,
his memory,
useless, was
too slow to unbury
his one winning chip:
“Ah, when I’m a cadaver,
it’s doomsday for all of us.”
Who knew what sweet pleas
ure that freezing could be?

moon men in color