Tuesday, September 19, 2023

mmmmlxxvii

Moving On Up

Del is short for
deeee-luxe. What

a rush, lost in space,
the hush of morning’s

air. Sure, I’ve known
times I’d call delightful.

Times aplenty. In fact,
given all that I do know,

which, sure, indisputably,
isn’t all that much, but

shut up for a moment.
I still want to bring it

up. To complain about
it. To vent. But how to

vent when one is already
in Purgatory? Enough

with this incessant
venting! I could

instead flip it and
reverse it, put a new

spin on a dead horse,
so to speak, by

approaching the sub
ject from a more

positive angle. One
that assumes (with

so much anticipation)
a future; attempts to

rid the focus of so
much of my attention

for far too long of
much of the con

sternation. Sure.
Let’s do that. Let’s

remove the need
to even complain

about such matters
by developing a goal

that will eradicate the
problem altogether,

even as the older I get
the sketchier the pro

spects for such a lofty
aspiration, that del

uxe apartment in
the sky is what?

Is nigh? I thought
for a moment you

said it was night.
Or I’m high? Am

I wrong? Or
am I right?

a deeeluxe apartment in the sky