Monday, October 09, 2023

mmmmc

The Sounded Alarm
(Am I Sound?)

Holy what!? On the
one hand, I’ve had
plenty of time to
mull over the things

going on, in and a
bout my life for the
past several years.
But on the other,

I’ve had such an ex
traordinary share
of significant and
not so happy events

that I’ve not had a
moment to really
consider what’s
been happening,

who I am, where
I’m headed, what
my purpose is. This
just suddenly hits me.

I’ve neither the time
nor the inclination to
elaborate on any of
this at the moment,

except to say, I’m
here, I’m here, and
I plan to be here for
a long time to come,

even though that
stretch of future
shrinks ridiculously
each time I’ve really

and truly had a mo
ment to actually
consider such
matters. Oh,

Goddess of Hope,
or any relevant
and real (or not)
divinity, please

hear me out, I’m
not done, I want
to stay, and I
will, I will, I will,

but whatever
authority you
might have in
the matter,

whomever I’m
sending such
uneasy thoughts
to tonight, I’ll

do my best to
make worth
while and
stretch in

said duration
that you might
be able to
accommodate.

Thank you,
thank you,
all hail,
and amen!

hangman and noose