Thursday, March 28, 2024

mmmmcclxxvi

Sleeping It Off For 48 Hours, A Still Life

a mash-up of medicine bottles
shoved up to the file bins
atop the lower right leg
quarter of my bed’s
mattress cover.
the cover has a purple
flower-themed design.
the flowers are white,
though, it’s the background
that’s purple, the color which
i’ve proclaimed most of my life
is my favorite. my biggest small
fan is right at my hip as i type, turned
on high, as always, and aimed right at me.
amongst the pill bottles: airwick fresh new day
fresh waters scent air freshener spray; a smart-
looking red mouse with a ‘logi’ imprint; a yellow
sticky-note pad, on the top page of which is written
“it’s the memiest meme-stock in all of meme-land,”
which, as i recall, is kara swisher quoting someone else
about truth social; a pink water bottle, empty; a mostly
full roll of paper towels; a small tube of ‘body lotion,’
beige in tint; a couple of pairs of underwear and a
hoodie jacket, the one i wear most often when
i am out of my apartment, which i have not
been at all in several days now, only just
recovered from a bout of this horrid
nausea and digestion problem that
has had me in the emergency room
five times in the last three or so
months; ‘ever spring’ brand ‘down-
to-earth solutions that are up to
earth’s standards’ streak-free
glass cleaner; a pink eye-glasses
container that belongs to the
pair that i’m currently wearing;
and a couple of random sheets
of paper that belong in one of
three bins that line the right
side of my bed, the bins
filled with files marked
‘urgent,’ ‘to file,’
‘to read,’ etc.