Friday, May 31, 2024

mmmmccclv

Another Interview Question

Ah, this is so fun, so first off I’d
invite Tokischa – not Madonna,
even though I love her, but at
my birthday party? I don’t think
so. But the reason I’d invite
Tokischa is definitely because
of that raunchy video she did
remaking Madonna’s Hung Up,
with her a couple years back.
And add Joseph Gordon-Leavitt.
I don’t care that he’s grunged
out so. I just noticed he’s
Axel Foley’s new partner, what
a perfect pair they’ll be. Ooh,
and we have to have some good
old fashioned liberal journalistic
flair, so let’s make sure that
Rachel Maddow and Nicole
Wallace come. Love them!
Howard Jones is a must, of
course, and we’ll have Jamie
Lee Curtis for that wigged-out
sober zing-zing, yeah? Here’s
a blast from the past just to
add some party-fun tension,
let’s invite Nik Kershaw. At
least I always imagined that
he and Howard Jones were
arch-nemeses. Greta Gerwig
for sure. And if you’d have
asked me a couple of years
ago I would have said Ryan
Reynolds, but let’s have the
Ryan of the moment, I’m
Just Ken, come. Wow, this
party is really starting to
smack! Yorgos Lanthimos,
Catherine Deneuve (if she’s
still alive), François Ozon,
Lenny Kravitz (since MJ
and Prince are not options),
Seth Myers and Stephen
Colbert and (why not?)
Jimmy Kimmel, Miley
Cyrus, Midnight Oil (the
entire band, okay?),
Robert Downey, Jr.,
and we are going to
leave so many people
out, but let’s round this
group out with Trent
Reznor, Hannah Einbinder,
oh, and Anselm Berrigan,
Peter Gizzi and Anne Waldman!
Now that would be the most
amazing birthday party!

Andy