Saturday, June 29, 2024

mmmmccclxxxiv

Late Night Talk Show Celebrity Interview Poetry?

That’s a very odd question,
all things considered, but a
good one, and I’m happy to
try to come up with an answer.

Except how can I? My life has
been a peaceful one. Sure, I
get upset when tides turn this
way or that and when idiots

scream stupid shit from their
podia. And yes, most of my 
life we’ve been in one or more.
But I’ve never been anywhere

near the front lines of any of
those, nor any other, and so
they are more out of sight
out of mind than anything.

Which speaks volumes, does
n’t it? Says horrible things of
me. Worse still, I avoid the
news when it gets real. I mean,

and when does it, when it gets
anywhere near a front line, say, 
when a journalist is in harm’s way,
anywhere near it, I turn my eyes.  I

am so sorry. And yet I feel strongly
that this problem that hits so many 
in ways that I cannot even try to see
should be the only thing on the minds

of every one of us. Of all people on
this war-torn planet. At all times. At
least until all such aggression, and
the death and all of the horrific

symptoms of it are eliminated. How
utterly depressing to realize that
getting from here to there is
assuredly nothing I will ever do.

why?