Tuesday, September 24, 2024

mmmmcdlxxi

A Few Notes on the Videos
(meanderings that are far too incomplete)

There’s a vastly more significant chance
that one will find its way into a stranger’s
algorithm if the recording is less than a
minute long. It’s an additional way for me

to showcase work of which I’m quite proud,
with which I’ve been playing and messing
around for over two decades now. During 
which, especially due to circumstances 

mostly beyond my control, this socially awk
ward extrovert has collapsed into a hermit for
over a decade now. It’s been a way to wave
violently in all directions, attempting to get my

voice to those of you it reaches, saying vehemently,
“I am here.” Using two points in my own life, working
in chronological order, it’s a way for me to tell my
story personally, to explain who I am, and offer

some fun, some humor, some wisdom (he humbly
writes), some fiction based on these two
points in time, and this helps me grow, is
something, again, of which I’m quite proud,

and I can see the results, can point to them.
It is a bunch of stuff I can point to and say
“I did this” and “This is me” and “I make
mistakes” and “Aren’t I clever?” It’s me,

me, me. Unabashedly. But I try to say some
thing. And more than anything, it’s a method of
engagement (and while part hasn’t worked so well
quite yet, I continue to work hard on that goal, too).

I