Monday, September 21, 2026

mmmmmcxcvii

     Remember your family?
           —Kathleen Fraser

I grew another arm.  It

sprung out from my right

elbow, this new extension

of me.  And so I was able

to write much faster. And

so I set about spending

most of my days, at 

least for a while, on

composing a list of

things I had to do,

which I called my

to do list.

Once I felt that was

complete, my attention

was diverted.  I read a

book of poetry.  I sat in

front of the gigantic tele

vision set at the foot of my

bed and watched episodes of 

Lantern and Star Trek: Strange

New Worlds;
I sat rapt in

front of season finales (Silo,

Shrinking, The Studio) and

then I took a late shower 

(very late). I had therapy 

(via Zoom, 50 minutes). 

I looked at my bowl of

vegetables and spent

some time worrying

about upcoming meals.

I cleaned out the micro

wave and gave myself

a haircut.  My weekly

box of food arrived, 

and I breathed a 

huge sigh of relief.

to do list