Saturday, September 03, 2022

mmmdccx

Channel Pie Take All Cheek

What did I do but nothing
on this hot as blazes day.
A photograph of refriger
ator magnets arranged
just so from sometime
quite past make up the
first line. Nothing came
after for a very long while.
Sent out only just a few
resumes with letters of
interest. Moped. Napped.
Got up. Walked solemnly
up 6th and crossed Market,
solemnly still for a few more
blocks up Taylor until I got
to Geary, turned right and
made my way to Jack-in-
the-Box for a thirteen dol
lar meal. Mainly just so
I could have a Peach
Fanta (Zero Sugar).
Watched the line of
mostly adults snake
around the corner of
Geary and Mason
Streets along the
sidewalk and coil
by coil into the
Curran to watch
a Harry Potter
theatrical prod
uction of some
sort. The bari
tone singing
“Ave Maria”
and “Memory”
louder than usual.
Back to the hotbox
where I slipped in
and out of conscious
ness while texting,
wanting company,
my company, the
company that I
want. Speaking
of companies, if
only I had the en
ergy to stay up all
night in the middle
of this three-day
weekend to send
out an infinite num
ber of applications,
letters of interest,
resumes, so that by
this time next week
end I’d have a new
company of employ
ment and then I could
have the company I
want. My company.
But all bets are on
slipping back into
unconsciousness.
And soon.

looking for company