Wednesday, September 30, 2026

mmmmmccvi

Green Marker

we used to call them magic,
or were they only magic when
they were super thick?  oozing
ink.  I write with it the word

“Farce” in the upper right margin
of this spiral-bound notebook for
no reason in particular.  in truth,
I’m thinking of the green M & M,

of the green that is horny, the
horny green.  I played a trumpet
(a brass horn) in high school.  I
started doing it in fifth grade, so

it wasn’t just high school.  band
was a thing I revered for a while;
I was band president my junior
year of high school, and maybe

a few folks had heard that trumpet
players were excellent kissers.  this
green marker says Paper Mate flair,
medium.  which reminds me that

for most of my high school years,
I carried with me and wrote with
a blue Paper Mate pen.  I was
horny in high school.  but perhaps

no less or moreso than I am some
forty-five years later, legs crossed,
being all serious about a silly come-
from-nowhere poem.  hello from here.

farce